Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Top Of The Chocs

Today I am continuing my series of chocolate reviews (see here and here) with a - at least to me - rather new discovery. During one of my most recent trips to Berlin I visited the chocolaterie of my choice and pampered myself with both old time favourites as well as new interesting delights.

Having tasted their 70% Toscano Black I hold the small chocolate manufacturer Amedei in very high esteem and hence did not hesitate to try out one of their blended chocolates called "9".



It features cocoa beans from nine different plantations which blend together to create a very rich, full and somewhat luxurious flavour. Despite containing 75% cocoa it is remarkably sweet and creamy with a subtle taste of nuts or almonds adding an additional flavouring layer. To me this is not a chocolate for every day, but rather one for a special occasion where one would have sufficient time to do justice to this very recommendable creation of Amedei.

Since so far all their chocolates have been absolutely outstanding I can't wait to get my hands (and palate) on all the other blends as well as single origin bars.

Re-ordering soon ...
Memonji

No comments: