Friday, November 19, 2010

Swiss Surprise

Readers of my old entries from 2007 will remember my first chocolate post in which I promised to publish regular reviews of interesting and taste-worthy delicacies from the chocolate world. 

With a few years delay I have now decided to continue this series and would like to draw your attention to a chocolate which origins have surprised me as I have been a big and loyal fan of chocolates from Belgium, France as well as Italy and Läderach's Hazelnut chocolate is Swiss.


Due to the fact that most of the so called high-end chocolate is not coming from Switzerland I was very surprised when I got introduced to this best hazelnut chocolate I have ever had: not only are the whole Piemont hazelnuts roasted and caramelised, but especially the rich aromas of the dark chocolate (there's also a - of course less desirable - milk option) surrounding them complement the crunchy and subtly smoky taste of the nuts in very unique manner. 

Previously my favourite nut chocolate used to be Côte d'Or's hazelnut, but one has to give Läderach the credit of having created something of an entirely different class.

Unfortunately, however, outside of Switzerland it only sells in a very few company owned outlets (check this link for addresses).

Nevertheless worth longing as well as waiting for, suggests ...
Memonji


No comments: