Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Paris

Last night I have returned from a four-day trip to Paris where I met a couple of friends who've been living there since a couple of years. As I've been to Paris various times in the past I didn't need to do any major sightseeing and was able to enjoy spending time with the guys I haven't seen in a while as well as indulge in the culinary delights of the city.

The amazing architecture as well as the French art of creating a chic yet still legere atmosphere is a perfect setting for lingering in the cosy cafes during the day and in the excellent restaurants at night (although I mostly had the pleasure of being served very delicious homemade food!)

Not having been to the Centre Pompidou I set aside one day for an extensive visit - something I'll most probably do again next time, but also strongly recommend to anyone who's into modern art and has a few hours to spare.

Below a few impressions of the trip.

Modern Art Explained




Centre Pompidou



Very nice restaurant in St. Germain en Laye



Cafe Paul



The Champs-Elysees at Night



Languagewise continuing to prefer Spanish over French ...
Memonji

No comments: